Life Coach & CBT Therapist
Thank you for looking at my pages.
I’m an established Life Coach & CBT Therapist with over 14 years of experience.
By using both Coaching & CBT methods in my practice, I offer a wide range of therapy tools, carefully tailored and adjusted to your needs. CBT Therapy works on changing perception and subsequent resultant emotions & actions, whilst coaching looks firmly to the future, structuring new steps to take and new resources to gain and implement into your life. I believe that by combining both methods, clients truly benefit from the therapies I offer, delivering extremely high success rate.
My main areas of Coaching & CBT are:
Confidence; Self-Esteem Issues; Anxiety; Stress; Communication Skills; Transactional Analysis.
Why and when should you consider therapy?
There is no ‘right or wrong’ answer to this. Some clients have a list of issues that they bring to our sessions; some clients feel something is ‘not right’, but they can’t quite put their finger on what it is. And that’s absolutely fine, as I help in both scenarios.
Consider the following:
Do you want more success in your career or your business?
Or perhaps it’s more confidence and self-belief you are looking for. Better work/life balance maybe.
Whatever ‘it’ is, it starts with understanding what you want – what ‘success’ and ‘happiness’ truly means to you and your family. It starts with recognizing who you are- and I am on hand to help you figure that out.
As your coach, I’ll help you to identify what you’re genuinely good at and enjoy doing, either as an individual or as a family unit, and bring more of that into your life. I’ll help you discover, or re-discover the confident, real ‘you’, be it at work, social situations, family scenarios or when out dating!
Why choose me?
Well, you’ll find me warm, intuitive and very practical. I will work very hard to help you, and that’s something I’m very proud of. Each of my client is treated with utmost respect. As a therapist, I don’t give advice. I ask questions that will help you find your own answers. I will introduce you to a range of tools that can be used in situations you struggle with. I will make sure you will leave my practice as your own Life Coach & Cognitive Behavioral Therapist and that you will be capable and confident to deal with issues/ problems in the future.
I hold a Diploma in ‘Life Skills Coaching- Advanced’ and I’m certified by ‘Association For Coaching’.
I’m also a qualified CBT Therapist.
Further areas I help with:
- stress management
- faulty/ negative thinking habits
- work performance
- communication skills
- anger management
- clients that are at ‘cross-roads’; they have a feeling something is not ‘right’ in their lives
- and other life-related issues.
I operate strict non-discrimination policy and full confidentiality.
I’m a qualified and experienced Life Coach & CBT Therapist– visit my ‘Qualifications’ page for more details.
Why have I chosen to become a therapist?
- My personal experience made me want to help others in similar situations;
- I was always ‘giving advice’ to friends, family and colleagues ( Therapists do NOT give advice; they lead clients to finding their own solutions to their problems) and I felt I could do well in a psychology-related profession;
- I’m a pediatric nurse and I was considering being in a helping therapy again, as it’s the most rewarding thing one can do. A talking therapist seemed like the perfect choice for me as it offers proactive approach.
I have trained in the following areas:
- What do clients usually want from Life Coaching?
- Surface Life Coaching versus Holistic Coaching
- Areas and levels of Life Changes
- Counselling skills, basic and advanced
- Basic & Advanced Coaching Skills
- Coaching the client in relaxation techniques
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Useful psychoanalysis techniques
- Referral and working with other practitioners
- Emotional issues and case studies
- Deeper emotional issues and case studies
- Weight loss and control
- Smoking cessation coaching
- Performance coaching
- Faith and Spiritual issues
- Anger and stress management coaching
- Working with couples and groups
- Non-specific issues
- Professional practice and responsibilities
What will I do for you?
I will train you in skills and methods to get to know YOURSELF and become YOUR OWN THERAPIST. You are an expert on your own life. I can only lead you to find your own solutions!
I have had a number of clients that I have coached in a variety of life situations. From relationships to deeper emotional issues, we worked on changing the perception and behavior, introducing lasting and meaningful changes. Coaching is about ‘Goal Setting’, which means we are more likely to be looking towards the future, rather than delving into the depths of the past as is often done in traditional counselling models. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy deals with ‘here and now’, but does delve into the past to uncover ingrained beliefs and the roots of our assumptions.
It takes time, dedication and practice to achieve the level of care the client needs. For more information on Life Coaching, visit my Questions & Answers here.